Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 8, 9, 10; Psalm 20, 50, 80, 110, 140; Proverbs 20
“And Moses said unto Pharaoh, Glory over me: when shall I intreat for thee, and for thy servants, and for thy people, to destroy the frogs from thee and thy houses, that they may remain in the river only? And he said, To morrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word: that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the LORD our God.” Exodus 8:9-10
Someone once told me of a preacher who brought a great message titled, “Another Night with the Frogs”. I don’t recall who the preacher was, or who related the story to me, but I have remembered it for a number of years. I would like to develop that one myself and hopefully one day, I will.
Far too many times, you and I are just like the Pharaoh when it comes to our sin. “Oh, I’ll take care of it tomorrow”, we say. Like the country song of the 1980’s, what, “If tomorrow never comes”. What then, dear friend? It will be infinitely too late.
How about King Agrippa in Acts 26:28, “Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.” Dear Christian, this should rock us to our very soul and cause us to witness like the world is on fire and we are the only fireman on board. The sad thing is, we sit idly by watching people go to Hell and make no effort to stem the tide.
How about you, dear Christian, what have you told God “tomorrow” about? We are expert procrastinators. We can, and do, put things off with the best of them. I am thinking of one huge, important thing in my life that I procrastinated about and now as I reflect, I realize it has now been over twenty-five years, almost thirty. God forbid! The ball is still in my court. I must decide to run this particular race or step off the track and find my place high atop a dusty shelf with other vessels who refuse to be used.
What about you, friend? Another night with the frogs?
No comments:
Post a Comment