Sunday, March 1, 2009

January 28

Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 32, 33, 34; Psalm 28, 58, 88, 118, 148; Proverbs 28

“Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32

Moses was a great leader in Israel. I cannot imagine the load he carried knowing he was God’s man to lead the nation of Israel. What an awesome privilege. We would do well today to learn from the example of Moses.
However, Moses was not perfect. I am glad that Moses was not perfect. I find hope in the fact that if God can use Moses then He can use me too. The New Testament says that God has “chosen the foolish this of the world to confound the wise;” I Corinthians 1:27. I now know my purpose in life. Just kidding.
I love the commitment of Moses in this verse. I don’t know if I could do what Moses did here in this verse. The dash represents a grammatical pause. I can feel the emotion and passion of this man of God when he says, “…if thou wilt forgive their sin-”. I hear his heart breaking for them. Moses is a great leader who loves the people he is leading.
So many people in leadership today are there for all the wrong reasons. Some are motivated by greed, money, power, prestige and _________. You fill in the blank. Moses, on the other hand was motivated by a desire God placed in his heart. Back in Egypt, Moses was misunderstood when he slew the Egyptian. He did not understand why the Israelites did not see that he was God’s man to lead them out to the Promised Land. Yet, this was in fact his calling by God to do that very thing.
So, dear friend what is your calling? What is your passion? Is there anything at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment