Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 10, 2010

Today's reading: Numbers 1, 2, 3; Psalm 10, 40, 70, 100, 130; Proverbs 10

Proverbs 10:7, "The memory of the just is blessed: but the name of the wicked shall rot."

You know from reading after me daily that I do enjoy trips down memory lane. I get so much enjoyment out of those trips and the precious memories of days gone by.

I especially enjoy the memories of people that have gone on to heaven. I think of my Grandpa who was a big man at over six feet tall. He was a spiritual giant also. Oh, how I miss him. Grandma has gone on to heaven also and we all miss her terribly. There are many others also; but, the list would be far too long to name them all.

In taking a closer look at our text for today I learned some things. I learned that the word "memory" means: memento, recollection or commeration. The word "just" means: lawful or righteous. I also learned that the word "blessed" means: prosperity (good for something) or present.

In light of this we could say that this verse says, "The memory of the righteous person is their gift to you and I in their absence".

This really set me to thinking. When I am dead and gone what memories will people have of me? I don't want to think about that. Some would have not-so-precious memories. Some might have precious memories of our times together.

What am I leaving my friends and family when I leave this world for heaven? This is a serious question to think about and do some soul searching over.

We are leaving a legacy no matter what. The question is, "What kind of legacy will you and I leave behind?" Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment