Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12, 2010

Today's reading: I Kings 7, 8, 9; Psalm 12, 42, 72, 102, 132; Proverbs 12

I Kings 7:13-14, "And king Solomon sent and fetched Hiram out of Tyre. He was a widow's son of the tribe of Naphtali, and his father was a man of Tyre, a worker in brass: and he was filled with wisdom, and understanding, and cunning to work all works in brass. And he came to king Solomon, and wrought all his work."

I liked our verses for today. Hiram was recognized by Solomon not only because of who he was but because of his ability to work in brass. Today so many people are promoted and such because of who they know and not what they are able to do. It does not matter if you are qualified for the job if you know someone high up enough in the company. This is frustrating.

I tried to get a job recently at a local pizza shop and was turned down because I was "overqualified". I guess it is better to be less qualified? Such is life.

How about ministry? I hope you have found your niche in the ministry of the Lord. I hope you are serving Him to your fullest capacity. I enjoyed teaching the teen Sunday School class last week and I get the opportunity to do the same again this week. (Last week was to check me out I think.)

You are never more safe than in the middle of God's will for your life. Now, it us up to you and I to pray, read and seek God to know what His will is for our lives. I hope you will do that. It is the most fantastic place in the world. You have God's word on it.

How are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment