Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 6, 2010

Today's reading: II Samuel 13, 14, 15; Psalm 6, 36, 66, 96, 126; Proverbs 6

Psalm 66:18-20, "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me."

I often have people ask me to pray for them. I am humbled by this. To think that someone would stake important things on the fact that they think I can pray and have my prayers answered is very humbling to me. I have been asked to pray in some dire situations. The sad reality is that if I were to have sin in my life that had yet to be confessed this would have been an exercise in futility. It would have been worthless.

To regard iniquity is to approve it. We see every day iniquity abounding and people approving it. People are trying to get laws passed to legalize things that God calls an abomination (something that makes God want to vomit). If I approve of this God will not hear my prayers. Wow! You cannot have your prayers answered and be living against God. It just will not work that way. God is Holy and He cannot be touched by sin. Because of this, He cannot hear the prayers of someone who is not righteous. How do we become righteous? Confess and forsake sin and iniquity. Keep a short account with God and you can know that you will have access to Him at any moment. You never know when you might need to get in contact with God in an emergency situation and there is no time to confess sin.

Are you keeping short account?

No comments:

Post a Comment