Today's reading: Ecclesiastes 3, 4, 5; Psalm 13, 43, 73, 103, 133; Proverbs 13
Ecclesiastes 5:2, "Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few."
Ecclesiastes 5:4-5, "When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed. Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay."
So many of us are so quick to say things that we regret. I know that I have a lot in my time walking this earth. I remember growing up it was my mouth that got me into more trouble than anything and sometimes it still does.
We live in a day that a person's word is not worth the breath that it takes to expel it. This is sad. I remember a day when I could go to the local store and get something and they would put it on a tab and it had to be paid weekly. If you did not pay your tab you lost the privilege.
I wish I was known as a man of my word. I don't think I am; but, I could be wrong. This should not be. My life is a reflection of Christ and He is a man of His Word. You will see this as you read His Word. If He says it you can mark it down that it is or will be.
So what about you? Are you considered a man or woman of your word? I sure hope so. If not it is never too late to begin to work on becoming a man or woman of your word.
No comments:
Post a Comment