Today's reading: Isaiah 1, 2, 3; Psalm 19, 49, 79, 109, 139; Proverbs 19
Isaiah 1:13, "Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting."
Sometimes as I sit I contemplate on things of the past. The other day I was thinking about my days growing up in Church. I remembered the building that no longer stands where I made my profession of faith public. I thought how sad it was that it was now gone.
I remembered some wonderful services in that building. I remember people being baptized after trusting Christ as their Saviour. I remember Pastor Sherman Essex singing with Marianne Ottinger. I can still see them standing behind the wooden pulpit and singing with all of their hearts. It brings me to tears just remembering it.
I remember sitting in some Regular Baptist Association meetings where preaching was hot and hard; but, the time went by so quickly as you listened intently. One time I remember Dr. E. Wayne Thompson leading us in the song "Amazing Grace" and he lined the song for us as they did in the old days. Precious memories!
My trip down memory lane today? I was thinking about the sad state of affairs the Church has come to and it makes me deeply sad. Christians wake up! Get back into your Bible and obey it. Pray like everything depends upon God. Work like everything depends upon you for the night cometh when man can work no more.
How are you doing?
No comments:
Post a Comment