Saturday, June 5, 2010

June 5, 2010

Today's reading: Job 21, 22, 23; Psalm 5, 35, 65, 95, 125; Proverbs 5

Proverbs 5:19-20, "Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love. And why wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger?"

I am increasingly disturbed with the number of marriages that break up. This should not be. The problem is that the statistics are just as bad in the Church as they are in the world. this really should not be. We know one couple that have been married for (40) forty years and are in the process of getting a divorce. I am heart broken over this.

I know in one case that the husband did not heed the counsel of our Scripture verse for today. He "lost that lovin' feelin'." Well, I don't agree with that truthfully. I don't believe that we just fall in love and then fall out of love. You see love is a choice. What the world calls love the Bible calls lust. Love is not a feeling. It is a choice! I choose to love my wife or I choose not to love my wife; whatever, the case may be.

I look forward every month to reading this passage. I like it because it is such good practical advice. It is a great reminder to me and other men out there too. If we do not heed the teaching and warning of the Scripture then we will be like the man in Proverbs 5:22, "His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins." If you want to be free then you have to live the life that Christ sets forth or you will not be truly free. You will be enslaved to sin like so many others.

Do you know Christ as your Saviour? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment