Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8, 2010

Today's reading: Job 30, 31, 32; Psalm 8, 38, 68, 98, 128; Proverbs 8

Job 31:1, "I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?"

I remember back in high school there was a girl that I had a crush on. Funny; but, I don't remember her name today. Ha,ha. I remember telling a friend of mine that I liked her. He told me that he had social studies with her and that if I wanted to write her a note that he would take it to her for me. It thought that was pretty nice of him. He was helping a friend out.

This practice went on for a while. One day someone told me that they thought that this girl had a boyfriend. I ignored it. This was not a smart thing to do. This girl came to me one day after hearing that she was now my girlfriend to inform me that her boyfriend did not appreciate that I was telling others that she was my girlfriend. Wow! I was crushed (and was about to be by her real boyfriend).

My trip down not-so-pleasant memory lane today was brought about by the Scripture reminding me to not focus on the outwardly of women; but, focus on the inwardly and the work of God. By inwardly I mean to be more concerned about a person's salvation than their outward appearance.

It seems far too easy for most of us to be distracted by the devil. We need to keep our focus on Christ and His work and not look at things that distract us. Easily said and not so easily done, I know. Remember I am still living in this fleshly body and I struggle just like everyone else struggles.

So, what are we focusing on today?

No comments:

Post a Comment