Today's reading: Genesis 4, 5, 6; Psalm 2, 32, 62, 92, 122; Proverbs 2
"Your walk talks and talk talks; but, your walk talks louder than your talk talks." Author Unknown
Genesis 5:24, "And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him."
I hope that one day when I close my eyes in death that the epitaph will read something along the lines of Enoch's here in Genesis 5:24. I fear otherwise.
As we saw yesterday, there is something that we can give to Jesus for Christmas. One of those things is ourselves. I think Enoch did that and to the max I suppose. What would cause God to take Enoch? Maybe God enjoyed the fellowship with Enoch so much that He decided to bring him home to heaven so they could fellowship perfectly in a place untouched by sin. I don't know for sure and we could come up with possibility after possibility. The fact is that God took him. Wow! What a testimony.
So how are you doing at walking with the Lord so far this year? I know. I know. The year has just started. Well I hope you are off to a fantastic start of a new year of walking with God. Spend some quality and quantity time with Him and get to know Him more intimately. You will not be disappointed, I promise. I do not regret spending time with God. My biggest regret is not spending more time with Him, especially in the early morning hours before anyone else wakes up.
As you go about your day today remember the example and testimony of Enoch. Remember how he walked with God and God took him home to heaven. See you on the path.
No comments:
Post a Comment