Today's reading: Genesis 10, 11, 12; Psalm 4, 34, 64, 94, 124; Proverbs 4
Psalm 4:3-4, "But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him. Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah."
There are those of us who are fighting some real giants in our lives. Some days I feel like I am doing it all alone and the sad part is that I might possibly be doing it all alone. We don't have to face or fight battles alone unless we choose to do so.
If we put God first in our lives and live according to His plan then our verses today tell us that we are set apart by God for Himself. What a thought! God loves us so much and wants to spend time with us so much that He would set us apart. Bible separation is being separated from sin to God. When you take away something you have to replace it with something else. If you don't then something you do not want will fill that void.
I remember as a boy growing up and playing in the sandbox. Sometimes I would get cups of water and make a lake in the sandbox. I had to carefully make a special place for the water to go or it would run all over the sandbox and soak into the sand. You and I are like that water. God has a special place that He wants us to be so that He can spend "quality" and "quantity" time with us. The God of the universe, the Creator of all things, wants to spend time with you and I who are His children. This is a humbling thought to me.
Has God set you aside or are you still just spilling all over the place getting soaked up by the sand?
No comments:
Post a Comment