Today's reading: I Chronicles 11, 12, 13; Psalm 29, 59, 89, 149; Proverbs 29
I Chronicles 11:18-19, "And the three brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: but David would not drink of it, but poured it out to the LORD, And said, My God forbid it me, that I should do this thing: shall I drink the blood of these men that have put their lives in jeopardy? for with the jeopardy of their lives they brought it. Therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mightiest."
As I am writing this today there is an apartment building on fire on the northeast side of the city. The news broke in on everyone's favorite TV shows to report this tragedy. As the firefighters work so hard to save life and property the wind is blowing at about fourteen (14) miles per hour. This makes it hard to fight the fire because the wind spreads it furiously. No matter what they will not give up. They have called for a second alarm to get more equipment and more firefighters to help. These men and women are fighting their hardest to push back the fire and extinguish it.
I bet you are wondering why I am musing on this today. You see, these men and women are putting their lives on the line to protect the people and property involved. I wonder what would happen if you and I as God's people would do God's will for our lives with the fervor that these men and women are fighting this fire. I would imagine that we would make such a radical difference that the world would not know what hit them.
We need to be ready at any moment for God to call upon us to do His will. I like the words of I Chronicles 12:2, "They were armed with bows, and could use both the right hand and the left in hurling stones and shooting arrows out of a bow, even of Saul's brethren of Benjamin." Notice that these men could use either their right hand or their left hand. I am so jealous. No matter what came their way they were able to adjust and keep fighting. There are far too many people that just fold up and quit when adversity comes. Let me encourage you to keep going, keep fighting and do not give up. There is someone, somewhere that is counting on you to stand fast in the fight of faith.
So friend, how are you doing?
No comments:
Post a Comment