Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5, 2010

Today's reading: Isaiah 49, 50, 51; Psalm 5, 35, 65, 95, 125; Proverbs 5

Isaiah 49:16, "Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."

A long time ago I did something that was not very smart. I know, which event are we speaking about? Out of spite I went and got a tattoo. I am not very proud of that fact now later in life. I wish I had never done that at all. I do not have the outrageous amount of money to have it removed either.

Over a somewhat lengthy career in law enforcement communications I have seen men and women that were tattooed everywhere. Sometimes people get them all over their body. I remember seeing a show on TV one time where a person was tattooed like a tiger complete with metal implants under the skin of their head to be small mock ears. Not me! How sad, really.

This is not what our verse for today is talking about. When I was reading this verse I immediately thought of the scars in Jesus' hands from the nails being driven into them to secure Him to the cross. I wonder when He sees the nail prints in His hands does He think of everyone He died for. I am thankful that He endured the pain beyond human belief or comprehension to die in my place so that I might have eternal life. As the songwriter penned, "Oh, What a Saviour!"

Today I must ask you to reflect and evaluate your life. Have you placed your faith and trust in Jesus Christ for eternal salvation? It is my desire that if you have not that you do it now.

So, how are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment