Today's reading: Isaiah 52, 53, 54; Psalm 6, 36, 66, 96, 126; Proverbs 6
Isaiah 52:7, "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!"
I don't know about you; but, I am not a "feet" person. I don't really like them, if you know what I mean. My dear wife thinks she has cute feet. I just nod and smile. She knows how I feel. I even remind her from time to time.
I remember growing up in Church singing with the other children on Sunday morning, "Oh be careful little feet where you go. Oh be careful little feet where you go. For the Father up above is looking down in love. So be careful little feet where you go." I think we need to sing this song today. Nobody asks my opinion though.
Our feet can take us places that we should not go. For instance we should not go to bars or nightclubs. On the other hand our feet can take us where we should go like Church. They can take us to places we like to go such as the beach or a favorite eating establishment.
One thing is for sure. Our feet should take us where we can share the good news of Jesus Christ to people that need to hear it. We are like the "watchmen" of the next verse in Isaiah 52:8, "Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion." It seems to me that we speak with our feet. People see where our feet take us and that says a lot about us.
What are your feet saying?
No comments:
Post a Comment